IDENTIPET (PTY) LTD
Registration number: 1999/025765/07
ABRIDGED CONDITIONS OF SALE/SERVICE
The sale of the Identipet passive transponder (“Microchip”) and use of the website, app and other related services (“Identipet Services”) are subject to the following conditions, which the user shall be deemed to have accepted upon implantation of the Microchip.
- The Microchip must be implanted by a suitably qualified person strictly in accordance with the supplier’s instructions provided with the Microchip or obtainable from the supplier on request.
- Registration and Storage of Data
- Registration of the user’s contact details is essential and facilitates identification of the Microchipped animal.
- When done through the Identipet app or website, registration is immediate. Should the user choose not to make use of the app or website, the registration form must be completed in full by the implanter and returned to the supplier within 14 days of implantation.
- Identipet is committed to ensuring that the Identipet Services are secure and that users’ information is stored, processed and utilised in accordance with its obligations in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act. Identipet undertakes never to use the information provided by a user for any purpose other than the identification of the Microchipped animal; communication of that information to an approved user of Identipet’s identification hardware; and communication with users in relation to the Microchip. Identipet will not sell, distribute or otherwise utilise this information save as set out above.
- Identipet reserves the right to delete information stored on and deny access to the Identipet Services should the user abuse or misuse the Identipet Services or Microchip. Identipet reserves the right to charge fees for premium database services.
- The user agrees that he/she/it shall have no claim for damages or any losses of any nature whatsoever against Identipet and/or its directors, employees, officers, agents, or any affiliates arising from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to the implantation or use of an Identipet Microchip and/or the Identipet Services.
- In the event of any defect or fault with an Identipet Microchip, Identipet’s sole obligation shall be to replace it. Identipet accepts no responsibility for the malfunction of any Microchip not supplied by Identipet.